Arsene Wenger has dropped the clearest hint yet that he could be done in terms of making any more new signings during the current transfer window.
So far this summer the Arsenal boss has brought in two new faces, Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer and Alexandre Lacazette in a club record deal from Lyon.
But so far no-one else has arrived and there have been suggestions that Wenger will now turn his attentions to getting players out of his squad, rather than adding to it.
And the Arsenal boss hinted during his press conference on Wednesday that could be the case.
When asked whether he expected to be busy in the final fortnight of the transfer window, the Frenchman said: “Getting players out keeps you as busy as getting people in, so I think I will be busy.”
Arsenal are desperate to unload several players this summer to free up space on the wage bill.
The likes of Kieran Gibbs, Mathieu Debuchy, Carl Jenkinson and Lucas Perez are all free to leave, should they be able to find themselves a club.
Speaking about Perez. Wenger said: “There is a possibility (he could go). I opened the door for him because we have many strikers.
“If he finds a good opportunity we will help him.”
Meanwhile Wenger has backed proposals to potentially make changes to the way the transfer system operates in the Premier League.
It’s been suggested that a change could come in, possibly as early as next year, which will mean players can only be signed prior to the start of the new season.
Reactions to the plan has been mixed, but Wenger is a fan of the potential shake up.
“Yes, I would support it of course,” he said. “For the regularity of the season it’s better because you can have a player who can play three times against you if the window is not closed before the start of the window.
“And for the psychological comfort of the manager and the focus. It’s difficult to start he season with a team and have some players who are not completely on board.”